Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use underfloor heating in Revit/Revit MEP

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
anien63RK2
5678 Views, 7 Replies

How to use underfloor heating in Revit/Revit MEP

I would like more insight on how to use underfloor heating in Revit MEP. Haven't used it at all yet. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: anien63RK2

@anien63RK2 wrote:

Haven't used it at all yet. 

What haven't you used? Revit? Radiant heating?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 8
anien63RK2
in reply to: RobDraw

I haven't yet used underfloor heating in Revit MEP. 

@RobDraw , is your opinion thus to rather draw it as lines as opposed to actual pipes and families?

Message 4 of 8
RobDraw

My opinion is to do at least what the project requires, i.e. LOD.

Coming from the HVAC design side, we don't design the piping layout and, if we did, it wouldn't get built the way we laid it out. As much as I enjoy doing the layouts, it's a waste of time and is nothing more than a pretty picture.

Rob

Message 5 of 8
iainsavage
Message 6 of 8
todd.blogg

guys, could you please help me to clarify some things about radiant heating.

I bumped into this review while searching for a floor heating and have a question about the relative costs of the fuels which provide the heat. Electricity for dry UFH costs about 4x as much as Gas to heat water for wet UFH. These will still be more expensive than using water in a wet UFH system, but you might have savings with the initial installation, depending on materials and labour costs.

The main issue is should I continue looking for an electric system or take a look at water system? 

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
iainsavage
in reply to: todd.blogg

I think you should really post this is a separate post rather than adding on to an old one.

Message 8 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: todd.blogg

@todd.blogg wrote:

guys, could you please help me to clarify some things about radiant heating.

I bumped into this review while searching for a floor heating and have a question about the relative costs of the fuels which provide the heat. Electricity for dry UFH costs about 4x as much as Gas to heat water for wet UFH. These will still be more expensive than using water in a wet UFH system, but you might have savings with the initial installation, depending on materials and labour costs.

The main issue is should I continue looking for an electric system or take a look at water system? 

Thanks

This is not a Revit question. Maybe the community forum would be beneficial.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report