Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to separate wire sizes in wire properties as well in panel schedule?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Ankitmehta508
1183 Views, 7 Replies

how to separate wire sizes in wire properties as well in panel schedule?

how to separate wire sizes in wire properties as well in panel schedule? please see attached images 

I want separate columns in panel schedule according to wire sizes.

wire properties.PNGschedule.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
fabiosato
in reply to: Ankitmehta508

Hello,

As far as I know, it is not possible.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
J.Wehmer

If you create a calculated parameter, you can use a formula to do if-then calculations for the wire sizes. I have seen it done and it worked well.

-Please click accept as solution if this answers your question!
Message 4 of 8
Ankitmehta508
in reply to: J.Wehmer

Thanks for replying me ,

i have no idea about how to calculate wire size in Revit and its condition. if you had already fixed this issue,then please provide me step by step method. it will be really helpful to me.

Message 5 of 8
J.Wehmer

In Manage<Panel Schedule Templates<Edit Template, add a Calculated Parameter (Discipline=Common, Type=Text), and use the formula below. This is not the exact formula I have seen in the past, just a remake of it, so it may require some minor tweaking.

panel 1.png

panel 2.png

-When opening the Panel Template, click a column where you want to insert the "WIRE" value, this will 'un-grey' your calc param box. (The button it greyed out because I am already in the dialog box)

if(Rating > 200 A, "ALERT", if(Rating > 175 A, "#3/0", if(Rating > 150 A, "#2/0", if(Rating > 130 A, "#1/0", if(Rating > 115 A, "#1", if(Rating > 100 A, "#2", if(Rating > 85 A, "#3", if(Rating > 65 A, "#4", if(Rating > 50 A, "#6", if(Rating > 30 A, "#8", if(Rating > 20 A, "#10", "#12")))))))))))

This will pull info from your Rating parameter, to "schedule" a Wire size without splitting up all the wires in a run. If you do not have a Rating parameter, you will need to add a column, then assign it a parameter function from the drop down menu on the left side.

**Be aware this is not a substitute for wire sizing and scheduling. Simply a work-around. Verify all wire sizes produced by formula.**

-Please click accept as solution if this answers your question!
Message 6 of 8
Ankitmehta508

Thank you for your response. I got what i want. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

hey is there a way to get this to work in a wire tag?

Message 8 of 8
fabiosato
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

I suggest you to create 3 shared parameters for each size and use Dynamo routine to make it.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators