Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit grids globally?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
avery.jennings
411 Views, 4 Replies

How to edit grids globally?

Hello, I have a project where there are a bunch of grids and a bunch of sheets. I would like to avoid going into each sheet and manually editing the grids to clean them up and was wondering if there was a way to do this globally. Say, I trim one grid and the rest of the views with that grid also get trimmed. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToanDN
in reply to: avery.jennings
Message 3 of 5
avery.jennings
in reply to: ToanDN

When I select my grid and click propagate extents, nothing happens. I believe I'm supposed to get a dialogue box but nothing comes up. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 5
ToanDN

@avery.jennings wrote:

When I select my grid and click propagate extents, nothing happens. I believe I'm supposed to get a dialogue box but nothing comes up. Any ideas?

The views must be uncropped in order to propagate grids and levels.  Here is the steps, in case the AKN article isn't clear:

- crop a source view, stretch/elbow all 2d extent of grids/levels how you want

- uncrop the source view and any views you want to have the same propagate extent

- propagate from the source view to other views

- re-crop the views

Message 5 of 5
Tommy_S

A simple solution i've seen used for this is to make a group object out of each gridline.

That way if you edit the group of a certain gridline the changes will be made on all the group instances you have on your sheets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report