Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply materials and image textures to ducts?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1837 Views, 4 Replies

How to apply materials and image textures to ducts?

Hello, I'm trying to apply materials to a duct system family, but I've tried everything and I didn't find a proper solution.

I already know how to apply materials to pipes and structural system families, but as far as I've seen, no one on the interweb knows how to apply materials and external image textures to duct systems familes. Does any of you know how to do it?

That would be very helpful. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bsammis
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't help with external images, but I've had success using the paint function to approximate materials on ducts.

Message 3 of 5
Matt__W
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous is this sort of what you're looking to do? Note, you can duplicate/rename duct systems to create more than the default Supply, Return & Exhaust systems.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Matt__W

Hi, @Matt__W! It's almost that. I finally got a solution. I found out that I can apply a material on Object Styles and that solved my problem. Now I can upload image textures to duct system materials.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: bsammis

Hi, @bsammis! I could get the result I wanted by going to Visibility/Graphic Overrides > Object Styles > Ducts > Material column. Now we're working on an API to add image textures on every family we have.

Thank you, guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report