Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide workets by filter

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
626 Views, 6 Replies

Hide workets by filter

Hello,

All our worksets name are grouped by discipline..(ex.P-SANR, E-Powr, M-Duct)...I want to use a filter to hide/show worksets but the "filter rules" for worksets really dont allow me just to select workets that begins with "P-*","M-*",

or "E-*".

I know I can use the workset tab in visibility graphics and "hide" the worksets but I'd like to use filters instead.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Nothing you can do besides create a View Filter for each Workset, since there is no "Contains" qualifier. That's what the Worksets tab under V/G is intended for.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I was hoping there was a trick out there....I needed to hear that from somebody else....Thank you.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

you can do. but what is the use of that.

you can create a filter by using "filter by" as workset and equals as filter name.then you can do with visibility on or off.

i thought that you need like this only.i was attached a jpg.

Message 5 of 7
CoreyDaun

You're right - basically the Filter-by-Workset is for applying specific colors or other graphical overrides. What he was looking to accomplish was to be able to turn all Worksets that contain "M-", "P-", etc. on his elec plans, as well as do the same for the other disciplines. Not a bad thought.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

harinarayana55,

CADastrophe is right...In this project we are working on there are a lot of pipe systems/type/name.

Mechanical guys come up with a new workset everyday. So when I open my plumbing views I see

a new workset that I have to turn off/hide. But with a filter that can hide all worksets that begin with

"M-" will take care of all present & "future" worksets....

Message 7 of 7
CoreyDaun

I have created filters that control multiple Categories at once for each discipline, such as "Lighting - Coordination", which can turn off or halftone non-discipline elements.

If you have three or fewer Worksets on your View, you can set is up as:

Workset

Does Not Equal

"Workset1"

AND

Workset

Does Not Equal

"Workset2"

AND

Workset

Does Not Equal

"Workset3"

This way, everything except for those three Worksets can be hidden.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report