Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

half-round fill (detail item) with variable radius

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dtiemeyer
991 Views, 3 Replies

half-round fill (detail item) with variable radius

I would like a detail item that I can use a parameter to change the radius of a half-round filled region. Does anybody have a working version of one of these?

This  is what I'd like it to look like. emergency fill.jpg

the white is the detail item filled region, the yellow circle is my light fixture family.

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kadmonkee
in reply to: dtiemeyer

have you tried adding a radius parameter during edit sketch mode and include both the circle and the filled region?

I created a circle and added a radius dimension then added the radius parameter

next I created a filled region to represent the half-moon during sketch mode I add a radius dimension to the filled region and included the radius parameter to that .

and now finish the sketch.

Attached is the result

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 3 of 4
rdoFP2RL
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Hey @kadmonkee  I realize this post is from awhile back and I'm hoping you're still around. I am trying to accomplish the same task, it's very simple I create a circle, dimension it, create a radius parameter, then create the filled region of a half circle and dimension that radius, and tie that radius to the created parameter. When I try to change the radius parameter I am getting a constraint error. I downloaded your file and works fine, I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. Hoping you can help, thanks!

Message 4 of 4
kadmonkee
in reply to: rdoFP2RL

it could be the half moon linework is not actually associated to any parameters or reference planes / lines

open my example and turn on all visibility graphics (dimensions and ref lines planes etc.)

I placed somethings in sketch-mode so they wont display in regular mode

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report