Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat Oval Mitered Elbow With Turning Vanes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jmongelli
972 Views, 2 Replies

Flat Oval Mitered Elbow With Turning Vanes

Hi, does anyone have a family for a flat oval mitered elbow with turning vanes? I've searched high and low and cannot find one. If not, does anyone know how to make turning vanes appear on the stock flat oval mitered elbow family?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: jmongelli

I would say, start to learn to make/edit families. It will save you time in the long run. When you know how to create families it wll save you the time to search for every component and can make them to behave as needed. It also will give a more consistent look to your models/drawings when the families are coordinated.

In the US (metric) library there are square elbows with vanes. You could study how they have been made and see if you can do something similar to your oval elbows.

Duct Vanes.PNG

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jmongelli

I've never seen that type of family,  you'll probably have to make it.

I've also never seen an oval elbow in the field with vanes.  Does SMACNA or ASHRAE give guidelines for vane spacing in oval elbows?  Rectangular radius elbows have an odd vane spacing factor based on the "curve ratio" given by SMACNA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report