Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter to selectively turn off everything except a few specific families of a linked model that are all 'specialty equipment'

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MikePluta
577 Views, 1 Reply

Filter to selectively turn off everything except a few specific families of a linked model that are all 'specialty equipment'

I am trying to create a filter that will turn off everything but a few very specific families of a linked model.  These are families that are all lumped into 'specialty equipment with no additional control points I can use from their model to turn these on and off and unfortunately I have no control of those linked families so I can not add descriptions or tags to those families to be able to filter a specific tag or description. 

There are 100's of unique families so I do not want to create a filter for each of these to turn them off individually.

I also can not do masks, scope boxes or cropped regions as this is on very deep sections/elevations where I have to keep the Visual Style to wireframe

My workaround to this point has been to hide each of the 100's of the families I don't want to see in mulitple viewports and this is a very tedious task and on projects for a nationwide chain where I have to do this every time we get a new location.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
s.borello
in reply to: MikePluta

Can you copy/monitor the pieces of equipment you need into your model then turn off all specialty equipment in the link?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report