Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elumtools - Losts Calculations

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
radidi123
557 Views, 6 Replies

Elumtools - Losts Calculations

Hey,

I use ElumTools in Revit to calculation a lighting. 

Every day when I load a project from cloud in part of rooms I lost my calculation from day before. 

Maybe, do you have the same problem?  

Thank you in advance. 

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hmunsell
in reply to: radidi123

@radidi123 wrote:

Every day when I load a project from cloud in part of rooms I lost my calculation from day before. 

We use Elum on most projects also. I haven't seen this happen on any of our ACC projects (yet).  when you say "In part of rooms..." does this only happen in some rooms but not others? Or does it randomly seem to not save the calculations? 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
radidi123
in reply to: hmunsell

So how can I check that the calculation save in Revit?

Message 4 of 7
hmunsell

I've never had calculations not save. After you do a Sync to Central i assume you have checked to make sure there still there before closing the model? 

• Does this only happen in some rooms but not others?
    • are the room consistent?
  • Or does it randomly seem to not save the calculations? 

Something to test would be to download the file to your PC, make the changes then save the file locally and close. Reopen the file and see if the changes stick. 

if that worked upload the file back to the cloud (I assume your referring to DOC's or BIM360), overwriting the file in the cloud. Then reopen the file and see if the calculations are there.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
HVAC-Novice

Have used it for many years, never had that issue.

The calculation results are saved in the "Generic Models" family elumtool creates and places when you place the lighting points. 

Maybe the view settings exclude that family? Maybe your syncing is screwy and you either don't save the project properly, or open an older version? You said cloud.......

Did it ever work for you or is that a recent problem? 

Are other changes you make also not showing up the next day? 

Are you using the most recent version? What Revit and elumtool version? 

You can contact elumtools, They provide excellent support. But what you describe may be an issue with saving/loading. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1
Message 6 of 7
curtisridenour

Do you by chance use PyRevit? I have had the Wipe Data Schema tool remove all the Elumtools calcs.

Message 7 of 7
curtisridenour

I have also had issues of using the Revit purge to remove Generic Models. This can remove certain types of families that Elumtools depends on and it stops working properly. We had to reinitialize the project to get it to function properly again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report