Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Homeruns to J-Box

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nick_bHGLRQ
160 Views, 3 Replies

Electrical Homeruns to J-Box

Hey all, I'm trying to get my circuit path to end and the Specified J-Box instead of the breaker (only wanting to count MC cable not THHN wire going to the J-Box) any Ideas how? It looks like the homerun is stuck to the panel. 

MEP Forum.png

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hmunsell
in reply to: nick_bHGLRQ

If I understand correctly, it sounds like your trying to get a cable length of the circuit, minus the run length from the last J-Box to the panel?  Revit doesn't track the distance between fixtures, just the total.

Not sure I'd recommend this, but first thing that comes to mind it making a "fake panel" as a J-Box. Then, circuit your fixtures to that and you would have the circuit distance minus the home run. 

hmunsell_0-1718651552609.png

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
nick_bHGLRQ
in reply to: hmunsell

That was definitely an option I had in mind but that would mean of course i would first have to connect the receptacles to the J-box, Then the panel afterwards. This would throw off my electrical data and material count unfortunately. But it is one solution thank you! 

Message 4 of 4
hmunsell
in reply to: nick_bHGLRQ

@nick_bHGLRQ wrote:

This would throw off my electrical data and material count unfortunately.

You could get past some of that with filters...? But that is why I said I wouldn't recommend it.  Its definitely not proper circuiting 🤣

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators