Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducts on wrong LEVEL

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
thombrady
1078 Views, 8 Replies

Ducts on wrong LEVEL

I have drawn a couple pieces of duct on the correct level & it looks great in plan & Section. When I go down to the next level the 2 pieces (Elbow & Transition) are there also. I already checked &

• They are at the correct height.
  • They are drawn from the correct level

I have not tried plotting it yet but was just wondering if anyone else had this issue ??

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jrobker
in reply to: thombrady

Are you saying that the 2 pieces are duplicated or you can just see them below?

What is your view range on the floor below? Too high?

Is there an underlay on the floor below? level above?

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 9
thombrady

Not sure what an underlay is. View Range is fine & they are at the correct heights. I see them on Level 1 & Level 2 in plan view as stated earlier. They are not copies because when I delete them the ones I need go away also. This has happened to a few other fittings also. There is a double height level so when I print it out I will extend view range to both levels.

Message 4 of 9
jason.martin

Look in view properties of the view where the ducts are duplicated. Is the Underlay parameter set to None, or is it set to something else? If something else, try setting it to none.

jason

Message 5 of 9
thombrady

I did check & the underlay is set to none!! Thanks anyways.

Message 6 of 9
embolisim

Is the lower level view a reflected ceiling plan? They can be a bit confusing as the view range settings work backwards.

Other that that its fairly hard to add any gusses to what otrher have said. It may help if you post screen dumps of your view properties & view range boxes, along with a section view.

There must be something not right in there somewhere...

Cheers.

Message 7 of 9
thombrady

Thank You but I gave up & just put everything on one level. I think it had something to do with the associated level that the fitting was created on. I did not create the content, I am just trying to Coordinate the Engineers mess.

Message 8 of 9
ferenti

I think inside the fitting the extra refernce line far from object . Just delete the that reference line and load it will be ok .

My also having same problem now working ......! all the best.

Message 9 of 9
scott_dakin2
in reply to: ferenti

RCPs split over multiple vertical levels will not show ducts, only fittings. Its a bug.

If that is not your issue then your view range settings are wrong or there is a Plan Region affecting it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report