Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct size tag rotate

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
isosa9APBT
1829 Views, 7 Replies

Duct size tag rotate

I'm fairly new to Revit and I'm trying to figure out how to rotate the duct size text. I tried messing with the properties but nothing seems to work so far. Is there a way to add a rotate parameter? If yes how? Once again I'm fairly new to Revit any specific description is highly appreciated, thanks. 

duct size.PNGDuct rotate 2.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: isosa9APBT

Thanks for the picture. Without it, your question would have required more information .

You can't rotate the tag directly. I don't care for the only solution I've come up with to get the tag with leader to be horizontal. I select the tag and drag the grip that controls the placement of the bend placement and place it slightly inside the text. I'd really like to find a better way.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 8
isosa9APBT
in reply to: RobDraw

This will have to do for now. Thanks for the quick reply.

Message 4 of 8
RobDraw

Welcome.

If you find any other way, please let me know. This has been a thorn in my side for way too long.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 8
isosa9APBT
in reply to: RobDraw

Of course. I'm sure someday it will get fixed, but it might not be for a few years. 

Message 6 of 8
arthur

out of curiosity, are you trying to tag the duct with a leader and have the text land horizontally?  if so, the way we solved that was to uncheck the "Rotate with component" when editing the tag family.

Capture.JPG

you can also ensure when tagging the duct to have the tag insert horizontally.

Capture2.JPG

this solution worked on the plumbing side, hope it works in mechanical as well.  good luck!

Message 7 of 8
isosa9APBT
in reply to: arthur

That worked. Thanks you very much!

Message 8 of 8
arthur

no problem.  i was going to hate to see that my solution didn't work on the mechanical side and have to wait a few years to find the answer. harhar!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report