Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dashed lines problems

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dirk_h
2601 Views, 3 Replies

dashed lines problems

Hi,

I've following questions :

Problem 1)

I've made different duct sytems : supply (red) and return (green) air. The vertical supply air duct is under the horizontal red and green duct, and should be represented with a dashed line (like the vertical green duct).

I've made a proper view template with model display "hidden line" and a filter which only overrides the color and weight of the lines. The checkbox 'Draw MEP hidden lines'  (Mechanical) is activated.

Why is the supply duct sytem not represented with a dashed line? How to solve this?

revit.png

Problem 2)

In an architectural model, i drew two model lines (linesyle = hidden line) which should represent a beam.

revit4.png

The architectural model is linked to a hvac mep plan.

revit3.png

The same lines are not represented as dashed lines?  It's even not possible to select the lines in the hvac plan and to edit with the tool 'linework' (and override the line style). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Dirk

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dirk_h

have you double checked your view range, what is the elevation of the vertical green duct and the vertical red duct?  if the green duct is lower than the red duct then it could be an issue with the "cut plane", "bottom", and the 'below" heights you have selected.

as for the dashed lines in the architectural model you have that could be the same issue as well.  have you compared your view ranges to the architects view ranges? If the architect has sent you a model with their views still in it then you could also go to revit links and change from "by host" to "by linked view".  

hope this helps.

Message 3 of 4
dirk_h
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok , thanks.

Problem of the dashed lines is solved. At the red duct system family, there was graphic override with a solid line!

But a I have another problem :

I made a family "filterbox" (yellow box) with a an "M_label-annotation" -> "FB"

The label is displayed correctly in the floor plan (hidden line style).

I also made a new floor plan template "AT_cp00n_print" an added a view template, with some filters, which colors the ducts. To my surprise, the M-label annotation dissapeared. When i delete the aplied filters, the M-label annotation is also not visible.A1.PNGA2.PNG

Thanks in advance!

Message 4 of 4
dirk_h
in reply to: dirk_h

Problems solved-> view range was the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report