Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors changing without doing anything

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
thombrady
653 Views, 5 Replies

Colors changing without doing anything

Help I shut off the computer, went to a meeting (2 hours) came back & put on the computer. I looked at my drawing & it looked funny. All my sections went from yellow to light blue, clouds went from red to blue, blue text is now red, red text is now blue & the blue duct tags are now red! The green text is fine, the magenta text is fine & eveything else looks fine, SO FAR. Keep in mind I am the only one working on this drawing. There is no central file & noone else works on my computer. Any ideas, is this a REVIT issue or a hardware issue? Oh forgot to mention it looks fine in print preview.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Elvis_DDA
in reply to: thombrady

Edit: I have found the problem.  There was a Windows update yesterday and this changed settings in Direct 3D etc.  I uninstalled this update on the machine in question and the problem is solved.  Hope this helps!

We have the same problem, our red text and logos are now blue.  Section heads have changed from blue to deep orange.  When we type in blue, it goes red.  This has happened on one machine only and the rest show the true colours from the central file.  When plotting the colours are fine, it just displays the wrong colours.

Anyone have any ideas?

Message 3 of 6
Elvis_DDA
in reply to: Elvis_DDA

FYI the update reference is 2670838

Message 4 of 6
thombrady

Thanks Elvis! Worked like a charm.

Message 5 of 6
dtiemeyer

We are noticing similar behavior on just one project. Column grids and section lines turn green.

But, I cannot find any evidence of a Windows update since Feb 24. This problem began on Feb 27.

It seems to only be in our Revit 2011 (x64) model.  I have check 'Object Styles' and those settings are correct. I cannot rule out user error either, but I can find no evidence of incorrect settings.

How do you determine if the 'kb2670838' patch has been applied? Is there a specific version of a dll to look for?

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 6 of 6
avus1

Hi I had the same problem but didnt have the patch in my updates. try changing the hardware aceleration in the revit option.

http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2013/02/color-change-in-revit-2012-after-updating-windows-7...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report