Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get angle parameter to change w/out error

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ceaves
622 Views, 1 Reply

Can't get angle parameter to change w/out error

I'm modeling a water heater and I need my hot outlet to come out the side on some and the top on others. I created a sweep for the outlet and dimensioned the angle. But, when I change the angle in the Family Types from 90 to 0 degrees I get this error:

- Error (must be addressed in order to continue)

- Constraints are not satisfied

- Error 1

- Reference Planes: Reference Plane: Center (Left/Right): id 48

- Lines: Model Lines: id 26693

- Dimensions: Angular Dimensions Style: Parameter: id 26902

PS: Is there any place out there where I can access help specifically for modeling equipment? It seems like all the help locations for Revit MEP are only for architecture design. I know this is what Revit is for, but I know that there are a lot of manufacturing companies that are using Revit for modeling equipment only, as I am. Surely they get specific help or instruction from somewhere.

PPS: Using Revit MEP 2011.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: ceaves

Rotating components can be quite touchy in Revit. My typical method of creating rotating components is host the extrusion(s) to a Reference Plane that is rotated. Check out >this thread< and see if you can get it to work. If not, just post back here and I'll take a closer look at what you've got.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report