Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Wire in Revit MEP Electrical

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ramoon.bandeira
3961 Views, 3 Replies

3D Wire in Revit MEP Electrical

Is there a way to draw a Wire in 3D?

I know that there is a way to draw then in Plan View and i already done that... 
But if not... i think i should start modeling a new family... 
Wich Kind of family should that be? 

Any tips?

Thank you all in advance!

Ps: I also noted that conduits are not hollow (although it gives the user the possibility to set its inner diameter) is there a way to make it hollow?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi ramoon,

That is correct, you cannot use wires as 3D, but you can use Model lines or adaptative components designed for that specific purpose. I know these tipe of elements cannot have the same information as a Wire but you can always add share parameters and include any necessary information if that is the case.

Hope that works for you.

Valentin Noves

BIM Manager
www.valentinnoves.com

If this helped solve your problem please mark it as solution, so other users can get this solutions as well.

Valentin Noves

BIM Manager
www.valentinnoves.com
Message 3 of 4

I started to create the adaptative component family for the 3d wires

but something is not good... when i load the wire in my project it stayed grayed out...

how do i fix that? i want to see the colour for the wire.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
fabiosato
in reply to: ramoon.bandeira

Hello ramoon,

The problem of using adaptative components is that you can´t use any MEP category, this way, if your view is set to any MEP discipline, it will gray out.

You must use coordination discipline to get colors, but in the other hand you will have to adjust the view range or compose the view with plan view and RCP, because you will be able to see only below or above the cut plane, not from top to bottom if you use MEP disciplines.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report