Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksharing Monitor for C4R

Worksharing Monitor for C4R

It would be useful to have a Worksharing Monitor for C4R projects. Multiple users attempting a sync with central (SWC) at nearly the same time can really slow down the overall syncing process for all the users. At least if we had a monitor similar to the Worksharing Monitor add-in we could check before initiating a SWC when someone else is already tying up the central file. Would it be possible to edit the current add-in to make it work with C4R?

I'm sure folks would also appreciate support for Revit Server.

11 Comments
ptranbergNTI
Advocate

@r.robert.bell As I see it, the C4R Communicator does exactly what you are asking for in the Activity Stream. But of course we need it for Revit Server...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@r.robert.bell

Bob....why are you in the central model.....again?  <facepalm>

(Really the only benefit of the WSM on a local network)

Ian.Ceicys
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Hey Bob,

Since Revit Communicator does exactly this for C4R models, are you really looking for consistency in the solution between cloud worksharing, Revit server, and file-based worksharing?

-Kyle

r.robert.bell
Advocate

Kyle, yes, something consistent would be great.

I also have two concerns about Communicator:

• It is a ""noisy" channel. I'm not just seeing SWC notifications.
  • The most recent posts are "hidden" at the bottom.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just simply place a red and green indicator next to the sync button. (C4R models, Revit Server models, Local server models)

lionel.kai
Advisor

Being able to make Worksharing Monitor the one-stop-shop for collaboration monitoring (no matter which of the 3 forms it takes) would be useful. That said, there are some improvements that need to be made:

AngelaLeFae
Participant

I work for an Autodesk partner, on the technical support team. We have many clients who have requested that the Worksharing Monitor and the Communicator tools be developed further to work with BIM 360 Design projects specifically. If anyone at Autodesk has an ETA on these updates, please let me know. Thank you. 

scastro
Contributor

@KyleB_Autodesk 
Revit Communicator has been removed:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/revit-communicator/m-p/8418799

Looking for a way to see who is actively working on a BIM 360 project.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

To reorganize and consolidate our Revit Ideas for ease of use to both our customers and our product teams, we are no longer using the "Future Consideration" status for Revit Ideas. All Revit Ideas are always under review, and consolidating posts (and Kudos!) will give weight to topics previously spread across many posts. We are continuing to evaluate where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

Thank you for your contribution!

-The Factory

Maltezc
Advocate

Hi @r.robert.bell and all, I created this app that works with BIM 360 projects and non-BIM360 projects. It's a worksharing monitor alternative. Basically, no more than 1 person can sync at a time. it puts everyone into a queue and runs down the list syncing everyone one at a time. You can find it at the link below. 

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=2644980570425963717&appLang=en&os=Win64

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see any improvements to the tool that you believe would help you and your team operate more efficiently. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report