Revit Ideas
Share ideas for future product features directly with the Revit team and collaborate on existing suggestions with your peers.

Walls should be able to be attached to underside of stair

by Enthusiast KentBurns on ‎01-23-2017 04:27 AM

Often we want a wall to attach to the underside of a stair, but at present this needs to be done manually by editing the profile of a wall. 

If we could use the attach function that would be a big time+error saver

Comments
By: Explorer tdglass
| Posted ‎01-23-2017 06:57 AM

We have worked around this same issue by installing an extruded roof (1/2" thick for gypsum) at the bottom of the stair stringers.  Then you can attach the wall to that roof.  So far, it seems to be a pretty clean workaround.

By: Advocate samuelsanf
| Posted ‎01-23-2017 11:17 AM
Unless yours stairs are curved. No floor profile can work on this...

You hace to create a in-plase sweep blend geometry with wall category, define the path with the curved stair, then draw the first profile with the wall thickness and the height of one end of the stairs.. then draw the other profile with the wall thickness and the height of the star at this end....

A simple wall attached to stair would be time saving and more geometrically realist.
By: Enthusiast Chris_D_UK
| Posted ‎01-24-2017 01:21 AM

This has been requested for years, and should be quick and easy to code!

By: Advocate matthew
| Posted ‎01-25-2017 02:05 AM

We tend to just create reference planes using the select line tool and attach the walls to the reference plane.

By: Explorer tdglass
| Posted ‎01-25-2017 05:56 AM

Yes, we do that sometimes too.  But if a wall under a straight stair continues to some point outside of the stair, the wall would have to be split so the entire wall wouldn't attach to that reference plane height.

As far as curved/circular stairs, I have very little experience with those...

However, almost every stair I've ever drawn, Revit or Autocad, has a clipped wall under a stair, so a solution from Revit would speed things up some.

By: Advocate matthew
| Posted ‎01-25-2017 05:58 AM

I agree it's one thing among many (especially stringers) that need sorting in Revit

By: Advocate samuelsanf
| Posted ‎01-25-2017 05:40 PM

Here is the same Idea, currently Under Review, I hope they don't archive it.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/walls-attach-to-stairs/idi-p/6641793

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

Submit an idea
Idea Guidelines

Please review our Idea guidelines and best practices before posting a new idea, or voting on an existing one!

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube