Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walls attach to Stairs

Walls attach to Stairs

Let Walls attach to Stairs. Please!!!

25 Comments
paktofu
Explorer

Hi, please add a function that could allow for a wall to attach its top to a stair.

evertz
Participant

Don't waste your votes!? There's an older post:

Walls attach to stairs

harlan_brumm
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your submission and votes on this idea!  We are evaluating where this request falls into our roadmap and will provide an update when we have made a decision. 

The Factory

KentBurns
Advocate

Often we want a wall to attach to the underside of a stair, but at present this needs to be done manually by editing the profile of a wall. 

If we could use the attach function that would be a big time+error saver

Tags (3)
dana3
Participant

We have worked around this same issue by installing an extruded roof (1/2" thick for gypsum) at the bottom of the stair stringers.  Then you can attach the wall to that roof.  So far, it seems to be a pretty clean workaround.

samuelsanf
Advisor
Unless yours stairs are curved. No floor profile can work on this...

You hace to create a in-plase sweep blend geometry with wall category, define the path with the curved stair, then draw the first profile with the wall thickness and the height of one end of the stairs.. then draw the other profile with the wall thickness and the height of the star at this end....

A simple wall attached to stair would be time saving and more geometrically realist.
Chris_D_UK
Advocate

This has been requested for years, and should be quick and easy to code!

mp_thompson
Advocate

We tend to just create reference planes using the select line tool and attach the walls to the reference plane.

dana3
Participant

Yes, we do that sometimes too.  But if a wall under a straight stair continues to some point outside of the stair, the wall would have to be split so the entire wall wouldn't attach to that reference plane height.

As far as curved/circular stairs, I have very little experience with those...

However, almost every stair I've ever drawn, Revit or Autocad, has a clipped wall under a stair, so a solution from Revit would speed things up some.

mp_thompson
Advocate

I agree it's one thing among many (especially stringers) that need sorting in Revit

samuelsanf
Advisor

Here is the same Idea, currently Under Review, I hope they don't archive it.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/walls-attach-to-stairs/idi-p/6641793

samuelsanf
Advisor
rana.hamed
Advocate

I know that we have workarounds for doing this , like using walls editing profile to follow the stair slop , or adding reference plane to be able to attach the wall with this RP

But Actually ,

we are in a great need to this feature , to be able to attach or join the stair with the wall with no workarounds but with just click a button.

pieter5
Advisor

This is a duplicate post to https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/walls-attach-to-stairs/idi-p/6641793

Please do a quick check before posting.

rana.hamed
Advocate

@pieter5

Thanks for your reply , but I have done my search already as I know the forum rules and I could not find any related post.

Marvi1
Enthusiast

Please Walls should attach to EVERYTHING! Including mass faces, in place masses, terrain etc.

awasyliw
Advocate

Better, let stairs act in the same way as roofs, floors and walls, when it comes to the various join tools. So tired of having to blank out that bit of wall where a stair landing is supported on a wall... why can't it be joined properly in the model?

pieter5
Advisor
melissa
Contributor

I often have to enclose the underside of stairs with a wall.  I then have to edit the profile and draw the steps of stairs.  I would love the stairs to be able to attach to the bottom of stairs. 

Tags (2)
kevin_fielding
Advocate

Hi Melissa, 

This idea already exists, and has been submitted at least twice below. I recommend that in order to garner enough support for an idea such as this (which is a good one in my opinion) you should add support to the existing idea rather than create a one. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report