Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Height from Base Constraint

Wall Height from Base Constraint

I would like a wall parameter that provides a value of the walls height measured from its Base Constraint.

If a walls base offset is changed, the unconnected height value is misleading. The unconnected height is the OVERALL wall height. So now, where is the height of the wall from the base constraint?

In construction we provide a wall height from a level datum, ie: floor level, NOT from the underside of the brick wall in a rebate for example.

I have always found it unusual that if I want to know a walls actual height, I have to do the math between the base offset and the desired height to get the actual unconnected height value.

Worst still, I have seen new users type in unconnected height values without taking into account the base constraint resulting in walls too high or low! Yikes! 

wall height.jpg

A possible solution:

properties palette new parameter.jpg

3 Comments
Christiaan_de_Wit
Enthusiast

If I understand you correctly, couldn't you select the same level to the top constraint and the base constraint? 

damo3
Advisor

@Christiaan

Yes. You are right. Don't I feel dumb! Especially considering I use this method for stairs all the time I must have had a complete brain fade to not realise I could do this with walls! 

Thanks, and I have reported the idea to be deleted so it doesn't take up space in this crowded forum! 

Orsolya.Balazs
Autodesk Support

Wish on behalf of a German customer: Setting to define how the wall height should be considered in the Roombook/ wall calculation. Request to give freedom if "real" geometry of the wall/ rough wall height/ wall height reduced by floor strucrture.. is taken at the calculation.

Tags (4)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report