Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Finish Familiy

Wall Finish Familiy

I'd like a (optional) separate family for wall finishes. 

This way one would not have to have multiple wall families for a single partition type. If a certain partition separates a bathroom from an office, 1 wall family and then two different wall finish families. The bathroom side has a sweep for the base cove tile and a layer for the wall tile. The office side has a different sweep for it's base, a 0 thickness layer for the paint, and perhaps a sweep for crown molding. If someone in the interiors department needs to change something, they don't have to fuss with the wall family, just the finish family.

If one wants fancy wood paneling, a complex finish family could be used. I imagine that such a family might resemble the current curtain wall family.

Currently I'm achieving something similar by using a separate wall family for finishes and furring. Say I have a foundation wall. It's an 8" conc. wall family. Then say only part of the wall needs to be finished for a certain room. I'll have one concrete wall for the foundation, then run a new furring wall family running only down the length of the wall that I need. Joining the geometry of the two walls allows windows and doors in one to punch holes in the wall they are not directly hosted in. The system works fine except for two things. 1 window and door frames do not extend to the appropriate surface; and 2, wall end joins can be a bear.

Thanks,

Rudy Beuc

1 Comment

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report