Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViewCube dropdown list limitations

ViewCube dropdown list limitations

Right click activates a dialog, select Orient to View, select Sections ... how do you scroll a list of +100 Sections? Similar to Floors. The only option are the small arrows at the top and the bottom of the screen and hold down the mouse button. You can't even use the scroll of your mouse.

You can't select Details to Orient your 3D View?

WISHES:

• add a scroll bar for faster navigation;
  • the possibility to select Details;

7 Comments

Right click activates a dialog, select Orient to View, select Sections ... how do you scroll a list of +100 Sections? Similar to Floors. The only option are the small arrows at the top and the bottom of the screen and hold down the mouse button. You can't even use the scroll of your mouse.

You can't select Details to Orient your 3D View?

WISHES:

• add a scroll bar for faster navigation;
  • the possibility to select Details;

2016-06-16_15-49-32.png

Tags (2)
dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

I HATE that "Hold your mouse and scroll" interface. It's not used in a whole lot of places, but I agreed - it is horrible.

It's bad enough when you have scroll four or five items in the Application Menu's Export to get to Schedules, but using that technique to slowly scroll through hundreds of Section or Interior Elevations is unforgivable.

Need to add an elevator-style Scroll Bar and/or a Search function and completely banish that mouse scroll interface from everything forever.

joslindave
Advocate

This list needs a scroll bar. The switch windows button needs one, too.

I also agree that more view types need to be selectable for the Orient to View command (RCPs anyone?).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mods, this is a duplicate of http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/viewcube-dropdown-list-limitations/idi-p/6387333 can you merge/remove one please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

A search or filter function would suit me best.

Also it would be ideal if the "Orient to view" updated with the view automatically or at least had an option to do so (may post this as a separate idea).

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.

damo3
Advisor

I would recommend COINS Auto Section Box tool from the app store. It will cut a 3D section of any section you choose in your views, amongst a big list of other features. And amazingly, its free. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report