Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Scale Reports as a Parameter

View Scale Reports as a Parameter

Basically this post from 2016. I would like to second some of the comments made in this post and add that I would like it for sheets. 

2 Comments
Leopessoa_arq
Contributor

I understand that model families should not scale with the drawing so this would apply to annotations, right? But I also understand annotations should not scale with the drawing. Could you provide a more concrete example of use for this feature?

LeeMixon
Explorer
Annotations do scale with the drawing. If you have dimensions on a 1/8" = 1' view, then copy and paste them to a 1/4" = 1' view, you will notice that the text changes its size to stay legible.

As to a concrete example of the use of this, just recently I was annotating a griddle. They have a grate on top of them that makes them show up in plan views as solid black surfaces. Now, I can turn the display of that grate off and draw over it with symbolic lines, but what looks good on a 1/8" = 1' view doesn't look so good on a 1/4" = 1' and vice versa.

(Use a filled region, I can hear the experts saying. I am not very experienced at family creation in Revit. I am currently trying to solve this particular problem with a filled region.)

I really would refer to the post I linked. Most of the examples I can think of, I'm sure someone with more experience knows a workaround to, but there are some in the post that I think fit your bill.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report