Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Scope Boxes to filter objects in a Schedule

Using Scope Boxes to filter objects in a Schedule

Goal: Creating intuitive schedules that display objects shown in a specific view.

Idea: Add scope boxes as a filter option within schedules.

Hypothesis: If objects know what level and scope box they reside in, they would be able to automatically sort into a schedule without relying on a manual text input.

Problem: There are several instances where our team needs to filters objects in a schedule by what is shown in a particular view. Currently the only way to do this is by manually filling in arbitrary text based parameters into specific objects. This becomes a huge problem because it makes it very difficult to back check. More often than not, several items get added without this additional text and end up being excluded from schedules.

3 Comments
philip_simon
Contributor

This would be handy in Navis, as well, if we could clash only those objects which appear within a view box.   I know that Revit and Navis know whether something appears within a view or not, and we use that (Select Instances -> In View). Ir would be nice to be able to use that toggle for other operations. 

pieter4
Advisor

We can now filter a schedule to only show elements that show up on the sheet. However, I would still like to filter a schedule based on whether it's inside a certain scope box, because it would allow me for example have multiple buildings in a single project, but still be able to schedule them in separate schedules. Currently, you need to use a manual parameter for this (for example, filter by workset, by a custom 'building' project parameter....) or phasing. But it requires extra input from the user. 

philip_simon
Contributor
Yeah, that would be slick. I use shared parameters to identify objects within a scope now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report