Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Keynote Order on Sheets

User Keynote Order on Sheets

I would like to have control to the order of keynotes (per sheet) on each sheet.

The keynote legend is populated by the order I have placed keynote tags in a view.  Sometimes I need to delete a previously hosted keynote that had sat at keynote 1.  However the keynote legend then reorders itself after I have deleted that particular keynote even if there are other keynote tags referencing the same keynote from the text file but was just placed at a different time and order in the view.

The workaround I use at the moment is changing the keynote tag type to one with the visibility turned off and rehosting to an "invisible" detail item line.  Then referencing the keynote to a "NOT USED" keynote.  

Thanks,

Tim

7 Comments
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

stephenladyne
Participant

This is an important enhancement request.  It seems like a really simple idea.

FEATURE REQUEST:

- The ability to change the keynote number for user placed keynotes.

Currently:

- Keynotes number themselves per sheet (when that option selected) based on the CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER in which they were placed.   This would be similar to the way views initially number themselves when you place them on sheets.  Gridlines also perform this way.

Request:

- The ability to manually change the numbering of user created keynotes on a sheet

- This features is available for viewports (you can renumber your views if you move them around or delete and replace a view with another). 

- This feature is available for gridlines (you can change the # / letter of your gridlines when you move them around or add new gridlines in between).

This seems like a very simple and clear request. 

Thomas_Moody
Enthusiast

This definitely needs to get implemented!!!

Thomas_Moody
Enthusiast

One year later and I still think this should be implemented.

GLHN_TJS
Contributor

@Thomas_Moody I saw that @stephenladyne made a similar post which is still able to be voted on (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/ability-to-renumber-reorder-user-created-keynotes/idi-p/7...).  Currently it has 33 votes, my post was archived at 6 ::whomp whomp::

donovan.richards3HZF2
Community Visitor

I agree! Change this 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report