Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Union Errors in Cutting

Union Errors in Cutting

Dear Revit Support Team,

I hope this message finds everyone well. I'd like to take this opportunity to share some concerns regarding representation errors that I have encountered when using Revit software. I hope this information can contribute to the continuous improvement of this excellent product.

While working on recent projects, I have identified significant issues related to wall joins in sections and the representation of intersections between beams and columns in views. Unfortunately, these problems affect the accuracy and fidelity of representations, compromising project quality and work efficiency.

Representation Errors in Cut Wall Joints:

In sectional views, I have noticed unacceptable discrepancies in the representation of wall joins. This results in a lack of clarity and difficulty in interpreting constructive details, which can lead to errors and misunderstandings. It would be extremely valuable if future versions of Revit could address these issues by ensuring that wall joins are correctly represented in sections in order to provide accurate information to builders.

Intersection Lines Between Beams and Pillars:

Another notable issue is improper generation of intersection lines between beams and columns in views. The constant presence of these lines, even when they are not relevant to the project, impairs the visual clarity and makes it difficult to understand the real geometry of the structure. It would be very beneficial if future Revit updates could address this issue, allowing users a more accurate and coherent representation of intersections between structural elements.

I understand that developing and improving software like Revit involves complex challenges, and I am aware of Autodesk's commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. I believe that continuous collaboration between users and the development team is key to achieving exceptional results.

I am available to provide more information, details or examples that may help in understanding the problems reported. Thank you in advance for your attention to this issue and for your hard work in keeping Revit an industry-leading design and modeling tool.

Yours sincerely,
Erik Hianke

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report