Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underlay Capabilities for Linked Revit Files

Underlay Capabilities for Linked Revit Files

I would like to have the ability to use underlay with revit linked files as well as have total control over visibility settings with the linked file.

24 Comments

Underlay does not work on linked files.

And usually the ceilings are in an architetual file, wich are linked in eg an MEP model.

But if we need to see the ceilings from the linked file, this does not work on a linked file.

FabianVergoteVKAE
Enthusiast

Underlay only works on objects in the current model.  It would be a huge improvement if it would work on linked models aswell.

Tags (1)
michael_coffey
Advocate
michael_coffey
Advocate
lee
Explorer
Explorer

It would be very useful if we could underlay linked files, especially on floor plans where we also need to show the ceiling.

roothcad
Advocate

Autodesk, it is a basic need to be able to view and control links in the same manner as current model - otherwise it's no better than CAD.  Please expand underlays to include links in future releases.

jumartinezUN8GX
Community Visitor

Autodesk is totally necessary to be able to do this in linked models, I have a tower building with different typologies with 'Save linked position' and it is impossible to do in any floor.

please, could you implement this in next releases?

Thank tyou in advance!

Mrogers344
Contributor

Hidden walls under floors do not display in linked models when set to underlay.  This is a huge problem my company has spent at least 100 hours trying to resolve or work around.  It is imperative this function be incorporated into the software.  It makes plans for multi level buildings buildings like the theaters we design extremely difficult to detail correctly.

Thanks

yilsen.karaali
Explorer

Schon lang lang erseht. Im Fachmodellkonzept muss der Deckenspiegel in der TGA als Unterlage in der Draufsicht interlegt werden können. 

yilsen.karaali
Explorer

@dzanta wrote:

I would like to have the ability to use underlay with revit linked files as well as have total control over visibility settings with the linked file.

Schon lang lang erseht. Im Fachmodellkonzept muss der Deckenspiegel in der TGA als Unterlage in der Draufsicht interlegt werden können. 

Susanne.Fley
Community Visitor

Ich fände es super, wenn man mit der Funktion "Unterlage" den Deckenspiegel des Architekturmodells im TGA-Modell sehen kann.

Das ist wirklich wichtig und sollte  für Revit und BIM360 mindestens möglich sein!

Anja.Schumann
Community Visitor

Ist für die TGA die Unterlage des Deckenspiegels wichtig? JA.  Es ist wichtig mit revit verknüpften Dateien zu verwenden sowie die vollständige Kontrolle über die Sichtbarkeitseinstellungen mit der verknüpften Datei zu haben.

MikaLei
Enthusiast

It could be really useful improve underlay options. Having ceiling plan as underlay in Revit model 1 and Revit model 1 linked to main model, underlay doesn't work even changing settings by linked view, underlay is missing. That issue should really improve, please make it working. 

germanperales
Advocate

Yeah, linked files should have the same visualization options that normal model elements. For example: silhouettes doesn´t work neither.

JGuptill
Enthusiast

This is needed because I would like to be able to set up a temporary view that overlays the arch ceiling plan on the floor plan so I can know where to put fixtures in the ceiling without having to coordinate (2) different views.

@JGuptill 
until you get this feature you can create coordinating sheets.

place the floor plan and a reflected ceiling plan on top of each other. Turn of everything else but the ceilings and make them 100% transparent.

Pin the ceiling plan on the sheet so you only activate the floor plan working😊

Not totally great but better than switching between views.

konghoang
Participant

Can't believe this doesn't work on linked revit files!  Whats the point of linked views if it doesn't bring everything across from the link model view?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report