Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off level below

Turn off level below

I think it would be nice to be able to turn off the level below in Revit.  I'm a BIM Manager at an MEP firm and we struggle with showing plumbing below the floor because we have to change the view range to show below the floor which then causes the architects walls to show up from the floor below.  The work around we use is plan regions but that gets time consuming and tedious.  The option to turn off the level below would save us a lot of time.

4 Comments
fifed_mep
Participant

use "by linked view" for links instead of "by host view"

kpimpleV86QE
Explorer

@fifed_mep we've tried that.  It works great on small projects, but a lot of the projects we do are big, multi-level buildings so it becomes too tedious to go through every view when you have so many.

fifed_mep
Participant

Yeah, I work on large buildings also.  I uncheck the Revit links box in the view template, then make a separate template for each level that only has Revit links and Imported Categories selected.  It is a little tedious, but it has been worked into the template, you can group views by level in the project browser and apply fairly quickly

kpimpleV86QE
Explorer

@fifed_mep okay I'll give it a whirl on the next project and see how it goes.  I do "By Linked View" on roof plans a lot and it's definitely a nice tool to have.  Thanks for the advice!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report