Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truly "Curved" Mullion/Panels Vs. "Faceted" Mullion/Panels

Truly "Curved" Mullion/Panels Vs. "Faceted" Mullion/Panels

It would be great if the horizontal mullions and panels on a curved wall could have the option to be rolled explicitly to that curve. Currently there is a break for every gridline, and that is the only option we have, which is rather annoying

5 Comments
dazza1639
Advocate

The whole curtain wall tool needs to be re-worked. Vertical mullions do not stop at the bottom & top transoms, it is just the cappings. Vertical mullions are not broken at every transom intersection. We need the ability to define where mullions are split and connected with a spiggot connection, as stick assembled curtain wall bars typically come in 6m maximum lengths.

Hazem.Elamir
Advocate

when creating curved curtain walls mullions & panels become segmental

please enable creating curved curtain walls with curved mullions & panels 

curved curtain walls.JPG

Tags (1)
Hazem.Elamir
Advocate

why there is no comment?
I think its really needed and modeling it case by case is too much work
I hope this idea gets your agreement and support

vincent_bergeron
Contributor

Nice idea!

There are also a idea you might want to consider adding your vote to:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/more-realistic-curtain-wall/idi-p/7531182

cprice
Advocate

Creating Curved panels is easy enough by setting the Panel to a Wall Type. However, having a mullion follow the curtain wall curve is not so easy.  There are numerous workarounds, however I typically use a Wall Sweep to do this.  But ideally you should be able to select a curved segment of a Curtain wall and access options for segmentation, similar to the family environment for sweeps.  Then set the number of segments to 0, would make the mullions and any System Panels follow the true curve for that segment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report