Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Project Standards better control

Transfer Project Standards better control

The transfer project standards is a very blunt tool. For exampel, If I want a special filter from another revit project. I have to import all filters and then delete them one by one (Select and delete multiple filters is another feature thats missing btw)

If I could control whats transferred that would help a lot.

12 Comments
Clarke_Symetri
Enthusiast

I agree, this should be native to Revit. For now, there's a free plugin that does this, "TransferSingle" from JO Tools. Also allows you to export families to a folder, and pick the individual families or categories that you want, rather than saving out ALL families the way Revit does natively.

Magnus.B
Advocate
Thanks @ Cmorrison2
The TransferSingle is just what I miss in the native Transfer Project Standards
gmp-autodesk1
Contributor

When view templates change they need to be copied to many other models in large projects. To make sure nothing bad happens to any other view templates we need a copy function for individual view templates, materials, etc.,  …actually everything. It would have helped a great deal with the setting up of floorplans in a large project if this had been possible.

Here is a rough Photoshop how it should look like. (Please also notice the resizeable dialog idea which I cover here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/make-all-dialog-boxes-resizeable/idi-p/6667561 )

transfer project standards - view templates.PNG

Tags (1)
gmp-autodesk1
Contributor

Found a plugin that does exactly what is needed and it's free:

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/de/Detail/Index?id=1090472181312958476&appLang=en&os=Win64#

artejon
Advocate

View Filter Manager add-in available at App Store can transfer selected items.

The app contains many features for managing filters, views, view templates ( e.g. purge unused filters and view templates, copy filter overrides, etc.) and transfer project standards.

It can transfer selected items like fill patterns, line patterns, filters and view templates between multiple projects at a time, it also takes care of new filters and view templates during transfer process -  it can copy elements, replace old elements or just overwrite them, making the whole transfer process of updating files very easy.

Reuse view filter rules in schedules is also possible.

artejon
Advocate

View Filter Manager add-in available at App Store can do a similar thing:

View Filter Manager

The app contains many features for managing filters, views, view templates ( e.g. purge unused filters and view templates, copy filter overrides, etc.) and transfer project standards.

It can transfer selected items like fill patterns, line patterns, filters and view templates between multiple projects at a time, it also takes care of new filters and view templates during transfer process -  it can copy elements, replace old elements or just overwrite them, making the whole transfer process of updating files very easy.

Reuse view filter rules in schedules is also possible.

vadimvlasov5592
Contributor

I often wish there was an ability to expand the categories within the Transfer Project Standards dialog to include only specific items within those categories. For examples, it would be great to transfer only certain View Templates or Wall Types from another project.

The dialog could be similar to Purge Unused, where there are "+" signs at each category to be expanded. 

Radish_G
Collaborator

Hi Autodesk,

It will be more helpful, if the "Transfer Project Standards" got more control.

e.g. Allow user to specifically choose a one or more view templates to transfer to another project.

Which will be more helpful to update the company project template, as well as to transfer latest template standards to the on-going projects.

10.JPG

Tags (1)
Henrik_Nobile
Enthusiast
Radish_G
Collaborator

Hi @Henrik_Nobile,

I think it's better Idea.

Skelly_PLAISANCE
Advocate

To transferring parameters of the project, we need to see the check boxes.

Currently I use the cursor from top to bottom.

idée-manque filtre pour voir sélectionné seulement.JPG

If possible, allow a grouping of selected boxes.

As you do in editing filters:

idée 20180116b-manque filtre (comme masquer catégorie dans filtre).JPG

Radish_G
Collaborator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report