Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toggle Lock Shortcut in Family Editor

Toggle Lock Shortcut in Family Editor

My initial thought is to just have Spacebar be the toggle for locking a newly aligned, constrained element within the Family Editor. It could be any shortcut, if there was an option within the keyboard shortcuts for it.

For example:

I align a line to a reference plane, the lock shows up, I hit spacebar. Done.

When you have a lot of constraints to add, it's a pain to lock everything with the mouse. If there was a keyboard shortcut option, that would be great!

16 Comments
lionel.kai
Advisor

The problem would be when there are multiple locks, such as when you draw a line - 2 or 3 locks show up. Which one would the space toggle?

casquatch
Collaborator

It would probably be all or nothing. Most of the time I get multiple toggles, I don't trust that they are locking where I want them anyway, so I'd rather just ignore those and go back to align/lock to the workplanes. That way I know for sure what I'm constraining to.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

valter.l
Explorer

Wow, can't believe this didn't get any support. How many hours haven't we all wasted on moving the mouse to click those padlocks!? Too many!

jkaumo
Community Visitor

agree with the lock all and unlock all option on a string of dimensions where I am trying to lock them all

KuhlRob
Community Visitor

Yes, it's really necessary!

jacuJMH6N
Contributor

You don't need support from community for such basic user interface input, these had to be implemented from the start when the software was developed.. Autocad developer knows this including the real dark theme.

Bartakovic_A99
Explorer

Up! I want this so badly

Nicholas.TsagkosDWHH6
Participant

Autodesk, please use more shortcuts. there has to be a shortcut to toggle constrain in align command.

Still nothing for this.. 😕 

KuhlRob
Community Visitor
Autodesk like
Adrian_2D
Contributor

I support as well!! Can we reopen a vote for this pleeeaaase? 

anish.gurungAVE6X
Community Visitor

Any updates on this one? 

spopeVWGUU
Observer

I SUPPORT THIS!

ale8Y7G6
Contributor

Can't vote but I support it as well! My hand hurts from all the locks I have to click every time I create a new family. Is there a new thread for this? Where can I vote?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report