Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Title on Sheet" for Schedules

"Title on Sheet" for Schedules

Hi all,

I would like to suggest that Autodesk add the "Title on Sheet" parameter to schedules for the same reasons it exists for legends, drafting views, plans, etc.

That's it!

14 Comments

Views and Legends have the property "Title on Sheet". Why not Schedules?

Think of ...

• multi language usage (e.g. firm standards in English, but output in Dutch, French or German languages at the same time);
  • the lack of View Browser sorting for Schedules forces end users to be creative in a structured naming system for Schedules, being not always what we want to see on the Sheet;
  • if you are using a language with accented characters (e.g. é è à) and you export schedules to excel (e.g. by means of add-ins), not all characters may appear in the tab name(s) in Excel (e.g. "béton" may return as "bton" depending on the add-in), to eliminate this "Title on Sheet" can be handy;
  • still exporting to excel, remember the length limitation of the tab name in Excel.
Tags (3)
pieter7
Advisor

This is actually possible but it's hard to find. Go to the schedule, select the title cell, use "clear cell" command. Now fill in what you want to appear on the sheet. The name of schedule in the browser will be unaffected.

Clear Cell: nice call.

Thank you.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

pieter7
Advisor
loboarch
Autodesk

Idea merged with a previously archived idea and set to gather additional support.

Nate.Ritta
Enthusiast

This idea needs to be brought back.  It is completely ridiculous that the method for changing a schedule's displayed title is different than the method for every other view type.  

RoccoLM
Community Visitor

Will be great to see title on sheet in schedules we are using Revit 2020 and still unable to work like that

Nate.Ritta
Enthusiast

Any update on this?  The current workaround is not intuitive at all.  The method for naming schedules needs to be consistent with all other view types.  

charlottemoellendick1998
Community Visitor

The 'clear cell' functionality that used to be available is no longer available.  This request is a MUST HAVE ... please and thank you

rlackowskiYBPJP
Explorer

I agree - this feels like a must-have. Why make schedules an exception to the rule? There's no obvious reason why all views shouldn't have this option. I'm working on a script that finds the sheets on which a view is placed, then appends those sheet's numbers to the front of the corresponding view names, but if I apply this script to schedules as well, the updated names will show up on our printed sheets, which is undesired.

ToanDN
Consultant

Right click the title and Clear Cell, the you can type anything you want without changing the schedule name.

rlackowskiYBPJP
Explorer

That appears to work, but I don't understand why the behavior needs be different for schedules than views. Feels like unnecessary inconsistency.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report