Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Align/Snap Text and Annotation

Align/Snap Text and Annotation

Please, for the sake of our sanity let us align/snap text, dimensions, leaders, annotation and all of the other things that we currently cant align/snap

12 Comments
EmptySaturnV
Advocate

It would be nice to have the ability to align multiple text objects at one shot versus having to drag each individual text item one by one to line up correctly. Similar to the "align multileaders" command that exists in autocad.

darren
Observer

When copy paste a detail which needs rotating or mirrored you have to pick individual text to then re-align. Can we have a button which does them all in one go or even better just keeps the alignment automatically when mirrored. 

Tags (1)
Orsolya.Balazs
Autodesk Support

On behalf of a customer from Germany let me submit the following wish: feature for aligning text to any lines/ frames.

Currently it is possible to rotate the texts, but a step quicker would be if it would be allowed to use the align command for texts as well.

Tags (2)
pderendinger
Participant

Great idea!

*Not part of the Revit vainilla but you can use pyRevit's (free) extension pyRevitPlus, which has distribution and alignment tools for most types of Revit elements. 

pyRevitPlus.png

http://eirannejad.github.io/pyRevit/

A_MAQ
Advisor

ability to align all text either to right or left to be at the same alignment likewise in dynamo will be great feature

alighing text.PNG

A_MAQ
Advisor

does that possible ?

bjoern_teutriene
Collaborator

This improvement would be very important for German Revit users. In the Revit Wishlist 2017 in Germany it ranked #5 out of 52 wishes. You can find more information on https://www.rug-dach.de/

rudermann
Enthusiast

If text is justified by left - center - right, why can't we use the align tool. I sometimes have differing sizes of text that I would like to align. The align tool could grab and align bottom and top (with a default spacing) and start, middle or end of text to align.

rudermann
Enthusiast

Another thought on text...

When you click on text you get shown a bounding box. I would like an option to make the bounding box a line detail.

creed
Explorer

Text boxes & labels should have nodes at the corners & midpoints of the boxes (like in AutoCAD) to control their alignment & length.  These should be able to be aligned/locked to reference planes so that text box length in things like view titles or room tags can be controlled without having to create entirely separate types.

tgonzalez68NPB
Explorer

In addition to this, if one could align detail elements to labels, one could create a tag that auto-adjusts based on its length.

jackie.watson
Autodesk

The Revit experience designers are looking into these types of improvements. Please reach out to me if you would like to contribute to usability studies where you may provide feedback to proposed design solutions and add your own ideas.  

Jackie Watson 

Principal Experience Designer, Revit

jackie.watson@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report