Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging more than one element of the same type with one tag

Tagging more than one element of the same type with one tag

Large projects often have many objects of the exact same type distributed across a plan layout. To declutter the layout it is very helpful to tag more than one object with one tag only.

multiple_tags.PNG

18 Comments
BIMAbhi
Advisor

We have placed a tag for any individual elements whereas we can't show the same category elements by a multiple leader tag family. If this features will come in next release it will help us who working in Revit annotation.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
ToanDN
Consultant

Have you considered what would happen if one wall changes to a different type?

YarUnderoaker
Collaborator

Leader exclude from tag's and replace by single same type of tag with warning.

Currently I use copy/paste to same place to imitate multiple leader tag, but such tag require manual control of changes.

RicWeber.Design
Enthusiast

If you are tagging multiple items with one tag with multiple leaders, if one of the items changes, that leader would be removed. Same as if you deleted that object, the leader would disappear.  I also like YarUnderoaker's idea that if that item changes a new tag would take the leader's place.  When you change the object type, a dialog could appear that would say, "this affects xx tags in place" and give you a "SHOW" option so you could go to the first occurrence, make the positioning adjustments, then the next, and so on.  You'd want the "SHOW" button to stay on the screen so you could make the changes and then go to the next one also. 

Just my thoughts.

Ric

ids_jboswell
Contributor

The ability to tag an element using a leader. Then add more leaders from the same tag that point to similar elements with the same data being displayed by the tag. If one or more of these elements have data that is not common to the rest, than the tag would display a question mark instead of the original data value.

Tags (2)
ids_jboswell
Contributor

The ability to tag an element using a leader. Then add more leaders from the same tag that point to similar elements with the same data being displayed by the tag. If one or more of these elements have data that is not common to the rest, then the tag would display a question mark instead of the original data value.

Tags (2)
Furquan_A
Contributor

it will be good if we can Add Multiple Arrows to in one tag Family to represents similar items with one tag and Multiple Arrows!

same as Text with Multiple Option

Multiple Tag.PNGSingle Tag with Multiple Arrow.PNGText with Multiple Arrow.PNG

jkidder
Collaborator

This would be a very helpful feature.  Right now we often carefully stack tags to produce the effect, but it takes extra management, and it's hard to see (particularly with material tags) if the information has become inconsistent. Revit schedules already have a method do deal with rows (all instances not shown) with different information - the field shows as blank.  The same method could be used for tags, or even replacing text parameters with a more obvious "ERROR" warning.

gerstal82
Enthusiast

It would also be nice to have the option of a counter in the tag for each added leader, see imageSingle Tag with Multiple Arrow_1.png

peticid
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Yoni-A.M.Inter
Explorer

Will definitely be very helpful when organizing the view. 

With this we can have much clearer views.

gsucci
Collaborator

... and when the parameter shown in the tag changes (it's not consistent anymore across the tagged elements) then the tag will show the usual question mark, and a warning will be created for the elements and the tag.

Yes?

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

ztxxxx
Explorer

Thanky you, this would be a great feture for my final exam project, I hope I will be able to use during my master degrre final exam project

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

We are pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2022!

-The Factory

BIMAbhi
Advisor

To see it in Revit 2022 version, really good for all the Revit users.😀

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report