Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap leader to angles

Snap leader to angles

It would be nice to be able to snap leaders to angles at different increments, like 10° or 15° increments, etc. Right now I just draw lines at the angle I need and then eyeball the leader to that, which is incredibly tedious.

17 Comments
trevorZRKP4
Observer

Make it possible to snap leaders to specific degrees like design lines please. This feature would save my office a ton of time.

laurasmagin
Collaborator

My Revit wish for the day...

I would really be excited if the developers could make the annotation leaders snap to the snap settings.

We have a rule that the leaders should be created at 45 degrees where possible, however the leaders do not snap to 45 degrees nor do they show the angle.

Please if you are passionate about this function like this idea so we can have it implemented in the next release.

I'm sure this is not a discipline specific request but a general global documentation function.

Cheers

casquatch
Collaborator

I like the idea of snapping to an angle, it would be good to have the ability to adjust angle increments, similar to how you can do this within the AutoCAD options.

chriswade
Collaborator

We have a similar rule, although the angle can be different, it should be consistent throughout the project. Additionally, leaders should line up horizontally and/or vertically whenever possible. They should all have the same landing length as well.

laurasmagin
Collaborator

Horizontal and vertical snap function works well in Revit. Yes agree don't mind the angle being not 45, but should be consistent approach for the documentation set. We steer away from horizontal and vertical as it can be confused with drawing geomentry, so 45 is our standard. 

Expect exceptions... 'one size fits all'... never actually does

katarina.blatnik
Contributor

It would be great if we can just copy tag to another object to stop setting lines and angle every time

me1a
Contributor

In cad, we do as chriswade at the office, I try to stitch to 30º or 60º. 

I am getting crazy in Revit. Would be nice to have some tools to align not only the position but the angle.

birdtools
Participant

Hello

Have you tried our new tool? It allows you to align several tags according to any angle you like, rearrange them in case they are overlapping, and stretch their texts so that they all have the same landing distance.

It's very cheap compared to other paid Revit Add-ons and I think it is what you're looking for.

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=2882355899710618005&appLang=en&os=Win64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Y-J8-T9tE

Mikhael.

birdtools
Participant

Hello Trevor,

Have you tried our new tool? It allows you to align several tags according to any angle you like, rearrange them in case they are overlapping, and stretch their texts so that they all have the same landing distance.

It's very cheap compared to other paid Revit Add-ons and I think it is what you're looking for.

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=2882355899710618005&appLang=en&os=Win64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Y-J8-T9tE

Mikhael.

RolfGM
Contributor

Snap to 15 degrees increments would be awesome! 🙂

k_speropoulos
Enthusiast

I agree.  This should adhere to the angle settings that are defined within the template under "Snaps".

draft1
Advocate

Agree! Leaders should snap to snap settings!

ltjonesA66PQ
Explorer

Absolutely!!!  All leader lines in Revit should snap to the angles set in snaps!!!

wr.marshall
Advisor

@kimberly.fuhrman please combine with 

Tag leaders to snap to 45 degrees - Autodesk Community

Same title but you will see this one was started by @laurasmagin while in the link it was started by @trevorZRKP4 

In addition and possibly the same is this link

Snap leader to angles - Autodesk Community

where as 2 above asking for 45 deg this appears to be asking for a setting like every 15 deg....

wr.marshall
Advisor

@kimberly.fuhrman Please combine with following idea

Tag leaders to snap to 45 degrees - Autodesk Community

Please note this one was started by @trevorZRKP4 while the link was started by @laurasmagin 

A similar note has been left on @laurasmagin idea

pongDXQ62
Explorer

One thing that any kind of drawings should achieve is 'Clean Presentation' / 'Readability'. 

The way current Revit do not provide an option for us to adjust angle of text and annotation leaders  bothers me for many years. It should be able to adjust angles or enable angle snap (like 15, 30, 45 degree or so)

I have seen someone does the plugin but it is quite costly and I think such a simple idea should already be implemented in Revit natively.

dchampion_vader
Contributor

Go to the Autodesk app store and purchase Bird Tools Tag Alignment tool. $10.00 per user per year. Super cheap and solves all of this... Bird tools also has a Tag stacker tool for another $10.00. So $20.0 a year per user.. This one is when you have multiple tags with the same value and want to stack them on top of each other.

While I agree with you Autodesk should automatically have been having this feature. This is a feature we have used since prior to Revit even being purchased by Autodesk...

Also you can do it in Revit but complete manual and you have to do every tag individually!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report