Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Walls Horizontally

Split Walls Horizontally

I would like to be able to split walls horizontally in elevation or section view.  Currently, when we receive models from the Eng or Architect they will draw the walls full height of the structure.  However, in construction, we typically split the walls at each level unless it is a tilt panel.  We can copy monitor most of the walls in the model and split at each level and then stop monitoring the walls.  Sometimes walls are missed and we will need to split them and the only way to do this now is to copy and paste in place then change the base/top offset.  It would be a big time saver if we could split the wall horizontally.

3 Comments
henrik.thingbo
Enthusiast

What do you mean with splitting horizontally? 

I just tried to split a wall horizontally using "Split Element (SE)" function in "Modify" tab, and it worked. 

Is it something else you want with a splitting function?

TJR-Sundt
Advocate

OK, it does work when I create a new project.  However, when I tried it a couple of minutes ago in Revit 2017 on a project we received from the Structural Eng it wasn't working.  The wall appears to be a typical 24" concrete wall.  I looked at the elements and everything looked normal compared to the walls that come with the standard templates.  When I create a new wall in the project I am able to split it however, we were unable to split these walls using the Split tool which is why I didn't know it existed.

Thank you for showing me that it was there!  It appears there is just an issue with our model.

TJR-Sundt
Advocate

Update---

After updating Revit to the latest 2017.2 version I am no longer having this issue.  I am now able to split the walls without any issues.  The only issue that I run into is when the walls are joined I can't split horizontally; when I disallow join I'm able to split the walls horizontally without any issue.  Before the update even disallow join wouldn't allow me to split the wall horizontally.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report