Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort project parameters like family parameters

Sort project parameters like family parameters

Allow to change order or A-Z (Z-A) sorting for project parameters 

Now it is complicated to fill non sorted user parameters

112 Comments
Mario_LeRoux
Participant

Life is hard enough cant we please get sorting of parameters better. 

As a design develops parameters do get added and housekeeping is next to impossible 

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our Revit Public Roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

danielfriesen
Contributor

Well that is great news!!  PLEASE make it happen ASAP!!!!!!  It has been an enormous irritation since the very beginning of Revit.  The ability to re-sort FAMILY parameters was a huge improvement, and it gave me hope that Project parameters would follow shortly.  PLEASE!!!

l1102BWHJ
Explorer

Does it means we can expect it in next release or rather few years of waiting?

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

Hi, @l1102BWHJ ,

Unfortunately we cannot comment on "when" something will be added to a product. Keep an eye on the roadmap, or join the Revit Preview Release (beta) by emailing revit.preview.access@autodesk.com to test and track features and enhancements currently in development.

-Kimberly

Ric_Weber
Advocate

Here are two related idea regarding the Project Parameter dialog window.  If these could be implemented simultaneously, that would be great!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/project-parameter-properties-dialog-quot-hide-un-checked/...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/project-parameters-filter-by-category-option/idi-p/111178...

senglyRPA66
Explorer

7 years and 777 votes, maybe this is a sign.

benschilders
Advocate

@senglyRPA66  they added it to the public roadmap (idea's that they are working on implementing,
it is no promise that those things will make it in the next release though, 
but it is a good sign that it might make it into Revit).

benschilders_0-1675324841392.png

This is the public roadmap

https://trello.com/b/ldRXK9Gw/revit-public-roadmap

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@benschilders , Thank you for your response! Here is a link to the new and improved Revit Public Roadmap, where you can not only tell us the importance of the feature, but also add input in the way of comments that go directly to our Product Teams working on Revit!

Thank you for your feedback!

-Kimberly

benschilders
Advocate

@kimberly.fuhrman  

Oh wow did not know that there was an improved roadmap , thank you ! 

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

You're very welcome! Enjoy!

benschilders
Advocate

@kimberly.fuhrman 
The new roadmap really works well and is more clear with the categories of now later and so on.

Also nice to read the explantion why you guys choose not to make a Revit mac version or make revit backwards compatible, beeing transparant is so important to gain back user trust ! 

i allready commented on every idea that is important to me, 
also added my idea to the comment ( https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/material-priority-s-to-setup-how-materials-components-wal...

Really hope somebody will take a look at it

Have a great day !

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@benschilders , Thank you!!

Novybec-YD
Enthusiast

This "Wish" was created in 2016... We are now in 2023 and still, none of the directors in the programming department assigned this seamignly simple and hoplessly voted task to his team... Maybe this list is just not connected to any Autodesk server?

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@Novybec-YD ,

This Idea has been accepted and is now on our public roadmap. Please follow the roadmap for additional development information and consider joining the Revit Preview Release to test features currently in development.

pieter7
Advisor

@kimberly.fuhrman  The roadmap mentions 'sorting project parameters alphabetically". Is the update limited to just sorting alphabetically or will custom sorting also be supported? I voted for this Revit idea because I want to be able to custom sort them (just like I can in the families, hence the title of this idea). Alphabetical sorting is useless for me.

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@pieter7 , the original Idea is for Alphabetic sorting (A-Z, Z-A). The roadmap indicates Alpha-Numeric sorting. Custom sorting may need to be a separate Idea.

pieter7
Advisor

I have to respectfully disagree 🙂

The original idea did indeed say "Allow to change order or A-Z (Z-A) sorting for project parameters" but the title of the idea and the attached image indicated the OP wanted to also custom sort. Or at least that's how I interpreted it when I voted for it.

Creating a new idea for custom sorting and driving up the vote count and waiting for it to get pick up again could easily cost us years. So I hope feel our best recourse here arguing that this idea is not implemented until custom sorting is added.

Ric_Weber
Advocate

@ kimberly.fuhrman 

I am confused by this Roadmap item... Alpha-Numeric sorting in the Project Parameters list is already automatic. For instance in the Project Parameter list, I added a parameter for Project Information category... it appeared in the list in alphabetic order automatically.

Ric_Weber_0-1677775513569.png

Now when I look in the Project Information dialog, that new parameter appears in in there in the order in which it was created (at the bottom of the Identity Data category) .

Ric_Weber_1-1677775629443.png

I think that @BiktimirovK 's idea is to be able to sort the parameters in the dialog box in which the parameter appears (e.g. Project Information or Properties). So if they are working on that, great!  But per the image and text in the Roadmap item, it appears they are working on sorting the Project Parameters list alphabetically which it already is, so that confuses me.  I would have to agree with @pieter in that looking at this original idea in total, that @BiktimirovK intended for both Alphabetical and Custom sorting capabilities.  

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk

@pieter7 , @Ric_Weber ,

It may be better to include that specific feedback on the roadmap card, if you haven't already done so. 

Thank you for the additional clarification!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report