Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slab Edge on a Sloping Slab

Slab Edge on a Sloping Slab

Right now you can only apply a slab edge if it is slab is flat but not sloped.  it would be really nice to have that work.  I know there are workarounds, but this would be the simplest.

Thank you

1 Comment
paramountcdc
Enthusiast

Below I posed the following on a suggestion titled "Slab Edge on Sloped Slabs" posted 7/12/17 which I saw first.  irisolvohrc, I am amazed by your low key suggest. This is a capability that should have been provided years ago. It certainly should be provided in the next Revit release. 

Combined these posts addressing the same thing have 30 votes (counting mine only once).

Floors are the only realistic system that can be used for building and site features that require many vertex elevations to model the design. Roofs can host sloping edge treatments. However, Roof vertices are at the bottom of the roof and, therefore, completely impractical to create site features like fully configurable parking lots, parking garages, etc.  

After many years of requiring users to come up with work-arounds, it is time the Revit floor design team gets with the roof design team and adds the capability for slab edges to follow any floor edge regardless of slope. Just-do-it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report