Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shift Select for ducts, tubes, electric trays...

Shift Select for ducts, tubes, electric trays...

I wish I could select a set of elements from ducts, pipes, trays, etc. using Shift.

Clicking on an element, holding down the Shift key, and clicking on another element that belongs to the same sequence, and Revit understands that I want to select all elements in that range.

3 Comments
dplumb_BWBR
Advisor

Shift Select is already used to REMOVE an item from the current selection set.

Ctrl Select will add an item, but I don't think that's what you're asking for.

erick
Explorer

The Shift key is an example, it could be another, but I refer to Shift because this is how it works on a selection of files within Windows (example).

I have attached here a simple example of what I mean, would be to be able to select a portion of a sequence of elements, just by clicking on points 1 and 2. In the case of this image, it may seem simple, but in large projects with many other installations around, this solution would make the job much easier.

Revit Idea Shift SelectRevit Idea Shift Select

Thierry.A
Advocate

Hello,

It's already implemented. Click on item 1, then hover the mouse over item 2 to highlight it (without clicking), press TAB and the selection will follow the path. Then click on 2 to validate the selection.

Bye

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators