Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheets exported from Revit to dwg to utilize shared coordinate system

Sheets exported from Revit to dwg to utilize shared coordinate system

Would like to have sheets exported from Revit to dwg to utilize shared coordinate system.

suggested by: Perkins+Will

15 Comments
julie.bismuth
Explorer
Yes, that will be great !
ckoroma
Explorer

Effectivement cela serait une bonne chose

RevitMonkey79
Participant

Definitely, also make it available in the Lt version.

Karol_Piroska
Advisor

Please, add a feature that will let us choose a view that when exporting to DWG it will be placed into model space and use shared coordinates. All other views would be placed into paper space.

It is very frustrating that many times you have to export DWGs twice - a sheet and a view itself in shared coordinates. This is not only time consuming, but creates big issues with naming and organising. BIM is not only 3D models, we are far from it. This is a big issue when you need to coordinate between several disciplines/companies that might use different software.

This is a long-requested issue. It would be very helpful and needed to get this question solved by talking from my customer's voice and from myself.

enavarroIDOM
Explorer

For us is a must... we are asked to do this in all our projects and is a lack of productivity. Thanks

nikolas_grund
Contributor

should be a must. Sad to export the dwg as a sheet and as a view. 

jesus.urenaHUAAG
Community Visitor

Has this been implemented into Revit yet?  This tool will save many headaches for many people.

Lars_Jeppesen
Enthusiast

2022 is out and still no solution to this Autodesk product-to-Autodesk product interoperability....I could understand if there was an issue trying to work with say, Bentley or someone else, but.....

RECArchi
Collaborator

100% agree !

100%, the justification behind not having this is not accurate, when we ask for coordinates on a sheet it is always about site sheets, not other views would be on these sheets. 

Lars_Jeppesen
Enthusiast

R24 is just around the corner. I'm sure amongst the plethora of updates and improvements incoming, this will very likely be included (said in sarcastic tone).

Ola_Ali_SSH
Explorer

Can't believe this basic functionality is requested from 2014 and still not looked at!

This is a crucial malfunction since BIM & GIS integration are highly required by all authorities around the world.

danish.chakkarathodi
Community Visitor

query posted on 2014 till now this option is not available. it is a very important update required for Revit. the submission will do in Revit and sometimes it requires dwg. then we need to correct it in AutoCAD after exporting DWG from Revit.

Lars_Jeppesen
Enthusiast

Give it time, Danish.  You're so impatient. It's not like we're paying much for these annual hotfixes...new releases.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report