Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Print Order via API

Sheet Set Print Order via API

Currently there is a disconnect between how we can schedule sheets (like for a sheet index where you might have general "G" sheets at the top, followed by "S" and then "A")  and the order in which they are printed (alphabetically by sheet number).  This means that when you print a combined PDF you have to manually sort the sheets to match the index.  There is currently a similar idea that asks to be able to print a set based on a schedule (perhaps the easiest way to accomplish in the UI): Print from Schedule.

My idea is to accomplish the same thing, but through the API.  Currently we can create a sheet set in the API for printing by using the ViewSet Class.  This class is list of sheets (or views), but the list is automatically sorted alphabetically by sheet number, which is arbitrary and has perhaps outlived it's usefulness.  If in the API we had the option to tell the ViewSet class to keep the sheets in the order they are added we can easily customize the order that our sheets will print.  I imagine that this is with a boolean sorted parameter (default is true, but can be made false) which is saved with the ViewSheetSetting so that it persists along with the rest of the sheet sets.

It seems to me that this is a very easy change to the API, and will allow providers to create Add-Ins that makes the production work flow far more efficient.

4 Comments
samuelsanf
Advisor
PGibsonDesigns
Enthusiast
This is not a duplicate. I link to the same idea you do and note that it is for the UI. My idea is specific to the API.
lionel.kai
Advisor

I requested that the moderator append " in API" to the title (so that it's more immediately clear). I also posted a link to this idea in Known Change Requests – Community Tracking (in the Revit API Forum), which used to be pinned, but apparently no longer is...

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Factory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report