Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API for RVT Link Display Settings

API for RVT Link Display Settings

I would like to have access to at least read the Revit Link Display Settings through the API. I want to be able to see if a filter in the Link file is being applied and if the current view is using the link display settings or the main file's settings.

Capture.PNG

36 Comments
TimonHazell-WPM
Contributor

API Access to control the link visibility settings would also be very helpful!

erikeriksson5686
Advocate

Hi,

Collegues have asked me for this for many years now.
This would be awesome if it worked!

Thanks!

/Erik

richard.taylor
Contributor

This information would be very helpful to extend the functionality of some of our existing Revit applications.

thomas.haarberg
Explorer

Yes please.

JesikaDG
Contributor

Duplicate of this Idea

Community Visitor

Yes Please

Community Visitor
Yes Please
TripleM-Dev.net
Advisor

Yes Please allow access to control the Links override settings.

Just like we can override categories for the current model itself also allow us access to the linked models category override settings, just like in the UI.

Maybe use a override of current methods, like call it with RevitLinkType ElementId or a RevitLinkInstance ElementId to edit only one instance (just like in the UI)

jpizzella
Explorer

Inside Revit Templates, inside the V/G Overrides Revit Links, there is an option for setting the Display Settings for each Link as Custom. I would like to manipulate these Custom settings using the Revit API.

Tags (1)
simonjones-uk
Contributor

Yes, please - I've had a customer requesting this...

aaron_rumple
Enthusiast

This is a must have.

For a file with maybe 100 view templates, each template has to be hand edited on--by-on at the outset of each project to turn off consultants levels, grids and annotation. There is no way to build this settings into our view templates.

gstonis
Explorer

I would also love to have this feature exposed in the API.

WProffitt
Participant

I'm amazed this hasn't been added already tbh. People have been asking for years now, for this.

bixilix
Contributor

Please implement this feature, or add a filterfunction, which can hide categories from all RevitLinkInstances in the specific view. This would not be perfect, but better than nothing 🙂

nicholas.kang
Observer

Strongly support that idea. It will help us save time. 

WM_Ron_Allen
Collaborator

@kimberly.fuhrman these are related VIA View templates, the latter are linked view templates but exposed in the API should (hopefully) be the same class/wrapper:

(Merge to following?)

See https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/api-for-rvt-link-display-settings/idi-p/6629722

Whether it is V/G or V/G Templates or Linked Templates V/G all basically intertwined with some extra settings for links.

WM_Ron_Allen
Collaborator

@kimberly.fuhrman these are related VIA View templates, the latter are linked view templates but exposed in the API should (hopefully) be the same class/wrapper:

(Merge to following?)

See https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/api-for-rvt-link-display-settings/idi-p/6629722

Whether it is V/G or V/G Templates or Linked Templates V/G all basically intertwined with some extra settings for links.

WM_Ron_Allen
Collaborator

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/revit-api-access-for-modifying-view-templates-quot-v-g-ov...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/set-the-by-linked-view-property-of-a-view-in-the-api/idi-...

jpagliuca
Explorer

Yes Please

ssemashka
Explorer

yes, please

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report