Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Plan from RCP

Separate Plan from RCP

In the Family Element Visibility Settings dialog, you can specify if elements are display in plan or elevation Views.

DisplayInPlan.PNG

We need to separately specify Plan and/or RCP.  

There are often elements that are displayed in Plan but not RCP or vice/versa.

And if you're going to go in there, give me a check box for 3D as well.

I often want elements (not Linework) that are NEVER displayed in 3D, but are displayed in "2D" Views.

3 Comments
jkidder
Collaborator

Turning elements off in 3d would be very beneficial!  I hate creating anything with dumb linework, and there are components where i'd like a simpler representation of them in plan/elevation than I do in the corresponding 3d view.  Also, when viewed at an angle the 3d representation is used in elevations, which creates inconsistencies with angled views!.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes indeed.

susana.duarte
Advocate

Doing as you say, @jkidder, can be useful sometimes, specialy in heavy detail families, but as a rule I prefer to use 3D.

First is less work, second is reliable (I don't see the problem with angled representations, as they are true - if we want symbol, then use symbol), and third when using shaded view we can see the true colors of the object.

Each user schould be able to choose the way that best fit the purpuse in question. So this feature is invaluable!

Please add this Autodesk!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report