Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select View Type (ViewFamily Type) when creating New Views

Select View Type (ViewFamily Type) when creating New Views

Currently you can select a view type when creating new Sections, Callouts, Plan Views, and Elevations. However this is not possible for 3D Views, or Drafting Views. It would helpful for both of the to provide the ability to select a view type. Besides project browser organization, for 3D views you might have different settings for different types of 3D views. For example, maybe I'm using one for modeling, while another has standard render settings. Besides, it would then make these views consistent with the other views that are place under the "Views" section of the Project Browser.

3 Comments
Kev_D
Collaborator

You can make View Types for all views by selecting the view in the PB and selecting 'Edit Type'. Then, duplicate the View Type and name it to your standard, and then apply a VT to those View Types. 

Nick.sipes
Contributor

@keven 

I understand that, but if View Type have the ability to apply a view template when a view is created. And that template is not applied when the View Type is changed, what is the point of configuring multiple view types for 3D views and Drafting views. They added the ability to pick different view types when creating the other views because they realized that there are different settings for different types of those views. Also wouldn't it be easier to specify the view type when you create the view, rather than having to create the view, change the view type, apply a view template. The software is already 90% there, we just need the user interface to allow it.

Kev_D
Collaborator

Yes I agree. It would be slightly quicker to have the option to assign the View Type to the View upon creation. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report