Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section box parameters top and bottom

Section box parameters top and bottom

Section boxes have a top and bottom.  It'd be great to have that tied to a level so that 3D views can be setup with precision.  And exporting Level slices to Navisworks is a lot easier.  

4 Comments
jkidder
Collaborator

It would be very useful if these were in the properties window! Especially since its so hard o locate the arrows, and at certain angles top and bottom ones are grabbed by mistake.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This can be done by clicking right on the viewcube and select orient to ...
germanperales
Advocate

The same can be said about reference boxes.

jkidder
Collaborator

@Anonymous That's a tolerable work around for level slices, and for views you set up once for a sheet, but for general use it's annoying.  I'd like to be able to select the section box and, without changing my view, adjust what I'm seeing.  For example, I might start with a view that's showing the first floor, and want to see the entire building.  Ideally I could select the selection box and change the range to 40'.  Instead I have to twist the view to find the arrow, then eyeball how much to drag it (usually taking 2-4 times) to see what I want, then twist the view back to approximately where I had it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report