Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search box in Filters list

Search box in Filters list

I have a very long list of Filters in the V/G window. Like dozens of filters for rebars, walls, beams, slabs, fences, retaining walls, etc. It is very exhausting to scroll up/down every time I need to choose a specific filter.

I need a Search box and a way to organize them just like the Elements' Categories are organized so neat. 

3 Comments
m.alalkam
Enthusiast

I suggest adding a search feature to the filter list. In addition to that, users should also be able to influence the sorting of the list based on different criteria. For example, they could sort alphabetically or by the date of the filter's creation. This would make it easier and more efficient for users to find and select the filters they need.

GHASEM_ARIYANI
Advisor

HI

PLEASE ADD A SEARCH BAR IN THE FILTER DIALOG BOX.

THANKS

Screenshot 2023-05-11 162927.png

MichaelWolff
Advisor

While we are waiting for this: Did you know that you can click the first entry and then hit the first letter of what you are searching for and the list will jump to the first entry with that letter? Makes sense when your practice does not opt to call every filter YP_Something but rather Something_YP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report