Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Click - Temporarily hide/isolate

Right Click - Temporarily hide/isolate

The right click option to Hide in View is a last resort to managing views and visibility of model elements. Hiding objects this way it can be difficult/impossible to manage and is often a source of confusion. I find most people use this tool en lieu of "Temporarily hide/isolate" because of convenience of the right click and not understanding the fundamental difference between the two hide options. Where possible it best practice to manage views through view templates. It would be great to see Temporarily hide/isolate added to the right click option. I would prefer Hide in View be less convenient. Hide in View should be discouraged because it creates so many headaches when managing views although sometimes it a necessary evil.  Additionally, "Reset all" would be a nice addition to Hide in View.

3 Comments
CFNBen
Advocate

Not to be facetious but teach people to use keyboard shortcuts - how is H+I slower than right click>another click>another click?

stanfordG8BUY
Contributor

Good point. I think I will incorporate that short-cut. However, in my experience, most architects or to be architects learn programs like Revit on the fly without a lot of training. Hide in View is the most common tool I see people used to hide objects, even if it is only intended to be temporary... there is something about right clicking that makes it more accessible or intuitive for most people. It may be not be logical but in my experience it is how people work when they are modeling and an object is in their way. When we have hidden linked files with thousands of objects trying to unhide something in this manner is extremely tedious. Software should be intuitive and conform to people and not other way around.

hsRASX8
Contributor

Al least remove "Hide In View" from the right click menu, to discourage its use.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report