Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rich Text editor

Rich Text editor

Text support is poor. Remove it from the family idea and implement an actually text editor.
7 Comments
sasha.crotty
Community Manager

Hi @MichaelRensing, could you please help explain your idea in more detail? I'm not sure what you mean. Thanks!

jchamberlain
Explorer

I think what he is getting at is basically make the text editor like the one available to us in Autocad with all the formating options etc. It works great. The text editing in Revit is tiresome to fiddle with. When you type a sentence or paragraph and you zoom in or out and try to edit the text, some line will change and throw out you meticulous formatting to make it fit.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
@jchamberlain, have you checked out the new text editor in 2017?
jchamberlain
Explorer

@sasha.crotty Not yet. My company has not yet made 2017 available to us. But now that you have mentioned it I will have to install the 2017 trial at home and check this new text editor.

Thank you.

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Marking this as implemented - a new text editor was added in Revit 2017. If there's something missing, please suggest and vote on ideas for further improvements.

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Tarek_K
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report