Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Standards maintenance

Revit Standards maintenance

hi

For BIM coordinators, there are tools and processes to handle Revit standards, but it would be nice to have the option of NOT being able to add new text types, line styles, etc.

yes we educate people, yes we create procedures and yes there are review times. But it's still
It's always too much time wasted on maintenance and not on the project. We just need some thing to be fixed once and for all.

6 Comments
Jason_M_Gardner
Enthusiast

This may be able to be achieved via the API similar to the DisableCommand example in the devkit

Yien_Chao
Advisor

can't find DisableCommand is the API. can you?

Jason_M_Gardner
Enthusiast

Sure have the person who manages your Autodesk licenses download the developer kit for you. Extract it and look through the sample projects for a folder with that name.

yien.chao
Participant

i'll take a look. meanwhile, that should be easily integrated in a future version.

aricke59
Enthusiast

I assume you are using worksets? The things you mention all belong to various worksets so can be locked for editing by an administrator. Stops anyone from just adding things. I think that should work.

Yien_Chao
Advisor

@aricke59   by owning worksket you cant prevent users to add family or create new type.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report