Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit "Part Type" Parameter Allowable in Schedules

Revit "Part Type" Parameter Allowable in Schedules

Please allow the use of the [Part Type] parameter that shows up within the family editor that is grouped under Mechanical (but not limited to) and apply to Revit Schedules. This would allow easy breakdown of fittings and many other MEP elements when assembling a simple quantities schedule. Currently if I'd like to make a pipe fitting schedule for quantity breakdown I would need to make a special parameter or add something custom. The [Part Type] parameter already holds the detailed info pre-baked so it’s really a win if we can pull that data.

Looking for [Part Type] to also allow use in Schedule Filters to make it most effective.

Thanks

8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, or sorting and grouping by Family and Type could do a similar trick. 

apaupert
Advocate

Please allow the use of the [Part Type] parameter that shows up within the family editor that is grouped under Mechanical (but not limited to) and apply to Revit Schedules. This would allow easy breakdown of fittings and many other MEP elements when assembling a simple quantities schedule. Currently if I'd like to make a pipe fitting schedule for quantity breakdown I would need to make a special parameter or add something custom. The [Part Type] parameter already holds the detailed info pre-baked so it’s really a win if we can pull that data.

Looking for [Part Type] to also allow use in Schedule Filters to make it most effective.

5-19-2016 7-41-29 AM.jpg

Tags (3)
bbeckert
Contributor

Yes! I want it!

lionel.kai
Advisor

This is a duplicate post to http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/revit-quot-part-type-quot-parameter-allowable-in-schedules...

Was it split when the image was put in-line?

tzframpton
Contributor

Yes, this is 100% needed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the moment the Classification Manager for Revit doesn't work with parts because it cannot create the required parameters in Parts created in Revit. I discovered this on a project we were the facade contractor providing the SFS backing wall out to the Terracotta Rainscreen panels. I created the Terracotta panels as Generic models, so there was no problem in classifying these. However, I created the rest of the wall buildup using a single compound wall. We were required to classify the SFS and the Insulation  layers of the compound wall as their separate "Uniclass 2015 " classifications, so I made the walls parts, excluded the layers I didn't need and merged the parts that were the same element. I then tried to use the classification tool to classify the elements of the walls. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get the classification manager to work on the Part elements within my model. In the end, I had to re-model the walls as separate walls, one for the SFS and one for the Insulation layer.

Tags (1)
wr.marshall
Advisor

As a example, if I were to to create a family that might contain elements from other family types ie a  caravan trailer unit that contains mechanical equipment, bathrooms, Structural Framing, Secured Furniture, Electrical Components... I could actually schedule the without the need to nest the family. I could just click on a part like and extrusion or sweep... and select the associated Family type for this element and any scheduleable parimaters I whish too add to this object. 

Zwielehner
Advocate

Hi @Anonymous,

With our Better Classifier tool you can use your own classification systems that can be instance or type based. I think this would be perfect in your use case.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=957877620720488043&appLang=en&os=Win64

(disclaimer: I am the developer of this little tool and I am more than happy to improve it based on my users needs)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators